Wednesday, November 9, 2011

To sew or buy?

I very rarely buy clothes - usually only t-shirts and jeans. I always think that I should make it. Exceptions are when the fabric is what makes it - ie. a border print or placement print that is unique - or something that is so dirt cheap I couldn't make it for the price.

Now this dress has tempted me to buy it.

It's pretty much perfect. I love the fabric and everything about the style. It is $US32.99 and although I could make it cheaper I probably wouldn't. My measurements for bust, waist and hips sit perfectly on the Medium size. But hold on, what's this? 34" in length from shoulders? I'm 163cm tall which is not really tall - about 5'3" - and this dress would still be about 7 or 8 inches above my knee! Where are we wearing skirts these days? I bend over a million times a day and often have both hands occupied with my butt facing the public while I strap kids into the car. This would have to be a tunic over leggings for me. Not a bad idea. But what do tall people do?

1 comment:

  1. It is very cute! I think that in summer shorter dresses are ok when they are over swimmers at the beach.

    ReplyDelete