Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Seam Binding?!?

I still haven't finished my Lonsdale dress but as it is a Summer dress it isn't really a problem except I feel like I can't get on with me next project until it's done, which is a bit silly but anyway.

The thing that has brought me to a halt is that I wanted to finish the seam with seam binding. Tasia did it in the sewalong. Well, apparently Australian's aren't in love with this type of seam finish because we don't seem to sell any! I went to Lincraft, Spotlight and Tessuti and no one had heard of it let alone stocked it.

It is different to bias binding. More like ribbon. Not cut on the bias. Edges are 'finished' like ribbon and unlike bias binding.

Anyhoo...I finally decided that bias binding would be ok. I was worried it would be too heavy because the fabric is voile but I have two layers -- voile and batiste -- so I think it is going to be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment